From the technotes-R-us dept. Patrick Kaak has written the second part of his article series on how to wrestle the most out of RES Automation Manager. This time he dives into how to use parameters between modules and run books. This makes short work of expanding existing functionality in Automation Manager Modules. The idea is really simple. For those of you back in the day who started out writing batch files, a module parameter is equivalent to putting in %1, %2 etc into a script.
The beauty of using parameters inside the RES Automation manager is that you can do it without any scripting, yet still benefit from using information which as already been entered across multiple modules.
<- Click here to read the article
From the technote department. One of the oldest articles in the RESguru Technote library has finally received a long deserved overhaul. The article in question, RG005 was first published back in January 2009. The new and improved article is optimized with an index, jumplinks, and organized into 3 main sections:
- Parameters for the RES PowerFuse console
- Installation parameters for the different PowerFuse components
- A mixed hodgepodge of parameters for different sub-components
Click here to read the article
An article on all the neat stuff you can do behind the scenes with RES Wisdom has been long overdue This collection of tips and tricks for RES Wisdom have been gathered from the product help files, administrative guide, release notes and other publicly available sources. There are several topics covered in this article, specifically:
- How to enable debugging mode in RES Wisdom
- How to set the maximum connections on the Dispatcher
- Using the $workspace tag in Wisdom
- Scheduling Wisdom jobs from the commandline
- Wisdom Agent installation parameters
- Configuring environment variables to remain untranslated
- DB creation during an unattended installation of RES Wisdom
- The Wisdom @REPLACE function
- New input options for parameters
- Prepared4Embedded: New method for using Agents in an image
- Dealing with console lockout
Notice: This article has been updated with valuable information on Feb. 10th 2009.
Click here to read the full article.
Newsflash! A new technote has been added to the Technote Library. This one is a reference to all the spooky commandline parameters in PowerFuse. Did you know you can import buildingblocks from the commandline? Add a computer to a workspace during installation? Even move citrix servers in and out of groups. Check out the new technote here