Hot off the press: As previously announced, wonderful things are happening over at RES. Today 5pm CET, RES Software has changed the website, logo and messaging, but that’s not all. Product names and categorizations have changed too! More below. There are many other significant changes underway, which will be revealed over the course of this week. To help you make sense of it all, here is a quick breakdown on what’s going on so far:
- New website. Have a look at the new RESsoftware.com, which is live now.
- New logo. Gone is the old blue-white-black. You can view the new shaded logo in all it’s glory by clicking on the miniature in the upper left corner of this article.
- New product suite: As of today, all the current products are considered part of ONE suite, called the RES Dynamic Desktop Studio. See the illustration on the right.
- The product now formerly known as RES PowerFuse will from today be known as the RES Workspace Manager, part of the Dynamic Desktop Stuido.
- RES Wisdom will from today be known as the RES Automation Manager. also part of the suite
- Orchestra aka Orchestraton Pack for Wisdom is now known as the Service Orchestration Module in the Automation Manager.
- The Workspace Extender aka Subscriber will from today be known as the Virtual Desktop Extender, or VDX.
- VDX will be available as a stand-alone product from January 2011.
All this information and more is available in the New RES FAQ, available here.
As mentioned there will be made more, important announcements during this week, so keep an eye out for them here at the ‘Guru. In the meantime, you can see what the new names and logo’s for the components of the Dynamic Desktop Studio will look like. Click on the individual components to jump to the corresponding product page.
Now, if you will excuse me, I’ve got 50.000 entries in the RESpedia to edit.. :-)