My name is Max Ranzau. I founded RESguru.com as a technical blog at the end of of 2008, dedicating my time and efforts towards creating better IT solutions through use of RES Software products in the enterprise. This site is the home of RCS – RESguru Consulting Services and is one of the primary go-to places for independent information, brain-share and tools for the workspace and automation engineers across the planet. I intend to keep it just that way.
If you are a new visitor, allow me a moment to welcome you properly, by immediately dispensing with the glossy marketeering and cut to the chase:
I am here to change Enterprise IT for the better.
I dare to guess that plenty suit & tie jobs have said something similar to you over the years. Nothing more or less, it’s the best one-liner by which it can be expressed what RCS does. Fact: it is exceptionally hard to explain what exactly and completely RES Software does in one sentence, without either becoming too vague or a long winded tale. Trust me on this, the good folks at RES Software have been grappling with this conundrum over the last 15 years: Having a stellar product suite, but no quick and singular way of explaining what it does!
I’m not going to pretend I’m driving around with the tomes of messaging wisdom* in my trunk. However, that is not going to prevent me from pitching in my two cents. As I see it, there are two main avenues of putting RES technology into context:
A) Presuming you’re technically oriented:
- Get rid of complexity in policy management, point-solution utilities and scripting. You know as well as I, that enough of this, or by inheriting someone else’s hand-me-down environment, you’ll be up to your eyeballs figuring out what’s going on before you can make any changes.
- Best profile+configuration management: Microsoft’s ways of handling configuration, both central (policies) and users (profiles) haven’t changed much in 20 years. The RES Suite will make profile management work smoothly for you.
- Automation of complex script-less tasks across the entire IT estate, independently of domains. 150+ built in graphical tasks range from the simplest of deployment/configuration items to VDI, Mobile Device Management and Helpdesk, integrating with all the major vendors.
- Workflows can be automated. The RES Suite will allow a company to define and execute workflows for almost anything that can be given to a user. It’s all about service. I usually tell my students that you can make workflows for giving employees their phones, forklifts or PhotoShop. It doesn’t matter as you model the business in the software, define who is qualified to automatically get or request what, assign any approvals to the workflow and then tie it all into the automation and configuration management where necessary. The real strength here is that all 3 products in the RES Suite talk together.
- Documentation: As engineers, we just love cranking it out by the page, right? That was sarcasm! We love building great solutions but creating the associated paperwork afterwards is a hassle, even if it’s billable. For admins in terms of auditing, it’s the same challenge. The RES suite can do the documentation for you.
The RES Suite is like a well-organized Swiss Army knife, with 15.000+ blades. There are loads of other things the RES suite can do for you, and hopefully you’ll get a sense of this when you browse through the Tech Library of the RESguru site. There is over 100 and counting free practical how-to articles on how to solve common everyday problems with RES technology. Have a look at the intro page here for a proper introduction and tour around the site.
B) Presuming you are financially oriented:
- 60% savings on current support/helpdesk/administrative load is not unheard of.
- 90% savings on external consultants camping in your data-center for months at a time as your own staff becomes able to do most things faster on their own. These kind of numbers been reported by some of my clients.
- 20% more users typically on a central environment – just by virtue of efficient management.
- No doctors with flashlights were involved in obtaining the numbers above! These are based on real RES projects that I have worked over the last 15 years. Having said that, obviously your mileage may vary in accordance with what you are trying to solve.
- Business Processes – any organization has them. If your ever move people around, hiring or firing, the IT folks are usually the last to know, resulting in a long time before new employees can do what they’re paid to or exposing the company to unnecessary risk, by not closing down access properly when someone leaves. Sometimes I encounter customers who have custom-built and rather byzantine systems in place, some may be even manual of tossing around emails or even paper forms for approvals. As long as nothing changes you can maintain status-quo, however when the business requirements change, that’s where your costs become evident.
- Appsense. Have you been struggling with their products for too long not being able to get things to work for you as promised? Spent countless hours having consultants in and out the door on break/fix missions? It’s time to stop and look at a Real Enterprise Solution.
- Agility: What can be stood up in a few days by a engineer proficient in RES tech, can in most cases match and trump what would take a team of engineers using classic tools and methodology several months to implement.
The above should provide you with an decent idea of what is within the realm of the possible in the RES universe. RES technology is not rocket science, it’s just good product design and common sense for the modern enterprise. Covering the entire RES Suite, RCS offers the following on all VDI platforms, TS/Citrix, Laptops, Mobile devices, Windows and Linux environments:
- Consulting, advisory and managed service agreements for new and existing RES installations
- Scoping and technical presales assistance to integrators
- Design and technical architecture documentation
- Implementations, remote and on-site.
- Technical competitive analysis. Here is a couple of examples.
- Training, Education and Workshops in all RES products both online and on-site. See this for details.
For information on services, rates, schedules and anything else, reach out via the contact page , or call +1 610 462 2200. I look forward to talking with you.
With best regards,